Your belts and hoses are one of the most overlooked parts of your engine. Without them your vehicle will not run they power every feature in your vehicle.
Hoses delivery vital coolant and oil to your motor as well as other fluids to things like power steering system and brakes. Belts power everything from your air condition to the actual engine itself. A leaky hose or loose belt will not only impact your engines performance, they could leave you stranded.
We created the JE Performance Essential® Belt and Hose Service, just for you.
What services do we offer?
- Serpentine belt and other drive belts: These belts power the creature comforts and essential features of your vehicle, including your alternator, climate control, and power steering.
- Timing belt or timing chain: The most important belt in your engine. This belt coorindates the timing of your camshaft which in turn times your valves for optimal engine efficiency.
- Accessory belts: Alternator belt, fan belt, power steering belt, A/C belt, and more. These belts work with your serpentine belt to drive their respective parts.
- Heater core hoses: Carry hot coolant through your climate control system to warm your cabin. They’re also made of durable rubber.
- Fuel hoses: In older vehicles, these connect the fuel tank to the engine. They require a type of rubber that can chemically withstand exposure to fuel. In modern vehicles, fuel is delivered via fuel-injection in pressurized metal tubes.
- Brake hoses: Carry brake fluid from the (metal) brake lines to the calipers.
- Air intake hoses: Carry oxygen to your engine to ensure the correct air/fuel mixture for combustion.
- Other automotive hoses: Help operate the systems in your vehicle, such as the power steering hoses, A/C high- and low-pressure hoses, PCV valve hose, and the oil cooler hose.
How much do belts and hoses cost?
Prices will vary by service and by vehicle type. To ensure that you get a honest and fair idea of costs, we urge you to call us for a free, no-obligation, quote. Our friendly and knowledgeable staff would love to help!
How often do belts and hoses need to be serviced?
Each belt in your car has a different lifespan:
- Serpentine belt: Typically replaced at 50,000-100,000 miles depending on the quality of the belt you use.
- Alternator belt and other part-specific belts: These belts are usually replaced according to your manufacturers recommended service schedule. You can find this information in your owners manual.
- Timing belt: Timing belts typically last around 60,000 miles but may need to be replaced early if they wear out prematurely. They can also last much longer. However, it is recommended to service them at the suggested interval to ensure your vehicle not only runs, but runs efficiently.
- Timing chain: Used in newer vehicles, timing chains are designed to last the entire life of your engine. They only need to be replaced on failure.
What are the signs and symptoms of bad belts or hoses?
- Chirping or squealing noise: This sounds can be heard coming from your engine bay when a belt is loose or frayed, or when a belt has oil or other fluid spilt on it.
- Visibly loose belt
- Visible belt or hose wear: When inspecting your belts or hoses, they should not have cracks or other imperfections.
- Leaking fluid around a hose or under your car: Any fluids puddling in your engine bay or underneath your vehicle are often a sign of a hose failure.
- Battery problems: if you batter light is on or your vehicle has a hard time cranking (starting) this could be a sign of your alternator belt failing.
- Engine problems: Metal shavings in your oil, engine misfires, and engine rattles (rough idle) are a sign that your timing belt or chain may need to be replaced.
- General failures or overheating: A loss of power steering, spongy brakes, loss of air conditioning or overheating are all signs that a belt or hose may be failing.
Why choose JE for my belt & Hose repairs?
We are transparent and will give you straight forward, accurate information about your vehicle. We will never undersell or oversell you services you don’t need.
We offer competitive rates and a variety of payment options to help you preserve your hard earned money.
You can lean on our decades of automotive repair experience and rest assured that your vehicle is in good hands.
Our certified technicians can guarantee that your vehicle repair will be done right, the first time.